09 November 2004

Without Pre-tension

Ok, Ok.

I'm not really that pretentious. I am just melancholy. Sometimes the only way to not be melancholy is to try to write like a French philosopher. I'm really not a French philosopher. I'm just a twenty-something student trying to understand the world. I can't believe how hard this is to do, even when you really concentrate.

I am, however, interested in philosophy, so I suppose this blog will be spattered with thoughts of my own. The title of my blog refers to a book by FĂ©lix Guattari called Molecular Revolution: Psychiatry and Politics. He's a nutty philosopher from the sixties and early seventies. He argues that there is really no boundary between politics, philosophy, linguistics, psychoanalysis, sociology, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment